Hardwood floors are more than a floor covering. They are a long-term investment that will increase the value and comfort of your home. Once you’ve made the decision to go with hardwood floors the next step will be to find an installer. This is an important step. There are challenges that hardwood floor installers will face, and you’ll want to go with one that will easily face them. Laying down a hardwood floor may seem straight forward, but every installation is a new one that has its own challenges and solutions. Just like the wood, the installation of two wood floors is not going to be the same. Hiring an installer is not where you want to cut corners. To protect your investment and keep it looking its best for as long as possible you need to hire an expert to install it.
Estimated Cost of Installing Hardwood Floors
We don’t live in a perfect world and the chance of an installer arriving and finding the subfloor in good shape to start installation is unlikely. There are some factors that come into the cost of the installation.
• Removing furniture from the installation area
• The cost of taking out the old floor
• Cost of getting the subfloor ready
Cost of material
• Adhesive or glue
• Cleaners and sealers
• Insulating underlay
• Protective treatments
Finding the Best Hardwood Flooring Installer
As stated above; hiring an installer is not where you want to cut corners. Like any other contractor you hire for a job in your home the same goes with a hardwood floor installer. There are steps you need to take to get the best results.
• Get more than one estimate and only take the ones that come to your home seriously
• Have them explain exactly how the job will be done and ask about the subfloor preparation
• Have the company show you a copy of their insurance policy
• Get two to three referrals from homes where work was done
• Ask for before and after pictures
• Make sure you get a written contract
• Makes sure the payment plan is explicit
• Ask for start and completion dates
• Ask what time work will start and stop
If you take the right steps to protect yourself, you will likely find yourself a reputable floor installer. If you don’t, you may run into warranty problems in the future. Professionals can also give you all the right advice on caring for your floor too.
Hardwood Floor Installation & More in Long Beach, Santa Monica, Torrance, Santa Ana & Newport Beach, California
Most homeowners don’t have the skillset needed to install hardwood floors and it will likely be more of hassle than you think. The job will also go a lot smoother are faster when you hire professionals. To protect your investment and keep it looking its best for as long as possible you need to hire experts to install it. Contact the professionals at CA Carpet Cleaning & Water Damage Cleanup to have your hardwood floors installed to perfection!